| Preziosa Young Design Competition 2019 |
Since 2008, LAO has also organized the collateral exhibition “Preziosa Young”, dedicated to emerging artists selected through an international competition.
The aim is to contribute to the circulation of what is new in research jewellery, as well as showcase what the new generations of goldsmiths/designers/artists are “brewing”.
Thanks to the seriousness of intent, to the visibility and promotion deals to selected artists, and to the high profile of the jury, PYOUNG has become a prestigious worldwide event.
In 2019, the jury composed of artists, curators, teachers and gallerist finally selected 3 young artists. Click for more information.
The artists who received the most votes from the jurors were:
• Yajie Hu, from China;
• Koen Jacobs, from the Netherlands;
• Jongseok Lim, from the Republic of Korea.
The jury team consists of:
• Maria Cristina Bergesio, art critic, curator, teacher.
• Tasso Mattar, artist and curator.
• Maria Rosa Franzin, artist and teacher.
• Robert Mazlo, artist and gallerist (La Joaillerie par Mazlo), Paris.
• Irene Belfi, gallerist (Irene Belfi Gallery), Milan.